Elimination blackjack is a blackjack tournament that requires 6 – 7 people to play. It was invented by a black jack player known as Russ Hamilton and is often played in various casinos. It is a combination of standard Blackjack with No Limit Texas Hold’Em that is played in particular land casinos, as well as in online casinos.
The game follows the following rules:
- Players normally pay the same buy-in amount which can be anything between $10,000 and $100,000 and get their equal amount of starting chips for the game. .
- They normally use a shoe of six 52 deck cards for this game. A shoe is a casino device that is used to hold numerous cards that help dealers save time on shuffling cards. .
- Normally a round of this game plays 30 hands so the player with the most chips after the thirtieth hand is played, is considered the round winner. .
- It is specified that the dealer stands on hard 17. If there is a soft 17, then the house is expected to hit. The term “hit” refers to taking additional cards on the cards at hand. When the dealer is obliged to “stand”, it means that they are not allowed to take any additional cards. .
- Players can split their pairs up to four times, but this does not apply to Aces. To “split” means taking the original wager and doubling it. This is then followed by the player separating the first hand and converting it into two fresh hands. .
- The rules of Surrender and Insurance are used in Elimination Blackjack. .
- If a player chooses Surrender, then only half the amount they had wagered will be taken by the house. However, Insurance can only be used if the dealer’s “up” card is an Ace. The surrender can be used at any time in the game.
- Players are not allowed to double down unless they have 2 cards. .
- Each table in Elimination Blackjack can only include a maximum of 7 players. The minimum bet in the table has to be placed by one of the players as the dealer is not allowed to do this.
A player in this game is eliminated if:
- They have lost all their chips.
- If they are unable to meet the requirements of the minimum bet.
- During the games at set points such as during hands 8, 16 and 25. At these intervals, players with the least chips are eliminated.
The secret bet in elimination blackjack
This is an option that is open to the players at the table only once throughout the tournament. It helps to enhance the element of bluffing. It entails the players making a secret bet each that is not revealed to the other players until the play of the hand is concluded. It adds an element of excitement to the game and mystery as players are allowed to conceal their betting strategies from each other during the game
Elimination blackjack is fast paced as players are required to make decisions on wagers in 15 – 30 seconds based on the point at which the game is at. If a player is slow to bet, his/her wager is automatically placed at the table minimum. If a player delays to act on a hand within set time, it automatically stands. Such rules make it exciting, and players are kept alert throughout a game.